Wednesday 21 December 2011

Character Design Sketches

I've always been really interested in character design, and recently I kind of figured out I'm not as horrible as I thought I was at it. I don't really have much self-confidence, and since going to college I've become less and less trusting of my own judgement. I generally think I can't tell the difference between what's good and what's bad - but apparently, I'm not that awful at character designs.
So I thought I'd share some sketches with you, designing characters from novels. These are from some novels I really like - I have odd taste in movies and books. I try not to talk about them too often because of this! But hey, I thought I might share these with you anyway:

Assorted Discworld sketches:

Pip and Estella from Great Expectations:

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about not wanting to talk about one's taste in movies. It's gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion.

    By the way, I dig your character sketches!

    ReplyDelete